AIM & OBJECTIVES
This Foundation Course will not only prepare you completely for taking the Civil Services Exam but will also infuse a kind of attitudinal transformation in you in the due course of your preparation.
If candidates have to succeed, they will have to be open and be spontaneous. Civil Services preparation is not about rote learning as is normally thought and as it is handled by the candidates.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Civil Services is one service in the country which provides able administrators to run the country. The selection for Civil Services is done by UPSC. UPSC is the Autonomous Organization, whose main function is to choose the administrators, who can run the country and manage its day to day affairs. The aim is to choose the right bureaucrat on whose shoulder the administration of the country can be given. To meet this demand institution of UPSC it is looking for certain qualities in the candidates:
- Candidates with leadership qualities who have an organizational capability and a solution oriented thinking.,
- Persons who can adjust, adapt and accommodate with dynamic challenges of diverse India,
- Candidates who are flexible to suit to the requirement of the downtrodden strata of the society.
- Candidates who can build social capital and take a variety of people along.
- Candidates who have a very good communication ability to communicate to varied profiles and interests.
This 2 year Foundation Course will not only prepare you completely for taking the Civil Services Exam but will also infuse a kind of attitudinal transformation in you in the due course of your preparation. If candidates have to succeed, they will have to be open and be spontaneous. Civil Services preparation is not about rote learning as is normally thought and as it is handled by the candidates.
UPSC DEMANDS AND STUDENTS NEED
- The problems that the candidates face is many.
- In this era of deluge of information and an information overload through internet and media, understanding of the issues of socio – cultural, national and international importance you have to be really very objective and wise in choosing the right content. Internet has no regulation and any one can post anything without any accountability.
- Moreover, UPSC wants the candidates to have independent thinking as a part of independent personality; they must have value-based orientation so that they are not prone to being manipulated and also that they are not tempted.
- By adding the paper on ethics and integrity, UPSC has tried to orient candidates to have value loaded and ethically derived decision making capability and wisdom based educational orientation. Without this trait, the demand of professionalism and performance will be difficult to meet..