Daily Current Affairs Date-28th May 2021
- SpaceX launches 60 Starlink Broadband Satellites
- India to launch mobile tech platform ‘UNITE AWARE’ for UN peacekeepers
- Ayush Clinical Case Repository Portal to be Launched
- ‘Citizenship by Investment programme’
- Global Average Temperature could pass 1.5° C during 2021-25: WMO, UK Met Office
- Indian Economist Amartya Sen Won Spain’s Princess of Asturias Award 2021 for Social Science)
- Kerala’s new Smart Kitchen Scheme
- RBI Annual Report-2021
To buy our online course: Click Here
Q. Recently Elon Musk private space agency Spacex launched 60 starlink broadband satellites related to this which are the statements are correct-
1)It is a space based internet system use satellite in geostationary orbit
2)The transmission from a satellite in geostationary orbit has a latency of about 600miles/second
3)The main aim of starlink project to provide low cost and reliable space based internet service to the world
a)1 only b) 2,3 only c)3only d) none
SpaceX launches 60 Starlink Broadband Satellites
Elon Musk’s aerospace company, SpaceX, launched 60 Starlink Broadband Satellites with Falcon 9 first stage booster into the orbit. Satellites were launched from Space Launch Complex 40 in Florida..
- This two-stage-to-orbit had also launched Sentinel-6A mission earlier.
- It was 13th Starlink launch in 2021 for SpaceX. 70 meters tall, Falcon 9 rocket was successfully lift-off marking the fourth time SpaceX launched a batch of Starlink satellites in a bid to expand flourishing broadband constellation.
- SpaceX will launch its next mission dubbed as “space station resupply mission” on June 3, 2021.
- SpaceX’s reusable Space vehicles
- It was 85th landing by SpaceX’s reusable launch system development program. SpaceX has been developing technologies since several years to provide a system of rapid reusable launch of space vehicles. Usually, first stage of Vehicle does not return after a launch but SpaceX has developed a technology through which vehicle returns, few hours after mission is launched, for reuse.
- Starlink Satellites
- Starlinks are satellite internet constellation, constructed by SpaceX, providing satellite Internet access. Constellation comprise of thousands of mass-produced small satellites in low Earth orbit (LEO). These satellites communicate with designated ground transceivers. Development of starlink started in 2015 and its Two prototype test-flight satellites were launched in 2018. In May 2019, it deployed 60 operational satellites
Q. Recently United Aware was in news what is United Aware?
a)provide awareness to the people regarding the RNA viral diseases like covid by WHO
b)It is a programme launched by UNICEF to sensitise the world regarding the crime on children
c)It is launched by India to increase the awareness of the pacekeepers by providing terain related information
d)it is a programme launched by the NOMA to provide awareness related to cyclone Tsunami in areas which ard prone to these disaste
India to launch mobile tech platform ‘UNITE AWARE’ for UN peacekeepers
- Indiawill launch ‘UNITE AWARE’,a mobile tech platform for the United Nations Peacekeepers to improve their safety and security in the line of duty. It will be launched during India’s United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Presidency term in August 2021 (Presidency of the UNSC Council is held by each of the members in turn for one month).
About the UNITED AWARE
- UNITED AWARE will increase the situational awareness of the peacekeepers by providing terrain-related information.
- India has spent USD 1.64 millionon the project and is developing it in partnership with the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations and Department of Operational Support.
- The information about the platform was shared by India’s Deputy Permanent Representative to the UN, Ambassador K Nagaraj Naiduduring his virtual address to UNSC Open Debate ‘Peacekeeping Operations: Improving safety and security of peacekeepers
- United Nations
- The United Nations (UN) is an international organization founded in 1945. It is currently made up of 193 Member States.
- Its mission and work guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter and implemented by its various organs and specialized agencies.
- UN’s Secretary-General for Peace Operations: Jean-Pierre Lacroix
- Its activities include maintaining international peace and security, protecting human rights, delivering humanitarian aid, promoting sustainable development and upholding international law.
Q. Ayush ministry launch Ayush clinical case repository what is its objective
a)the portal aims to operate distance of Ayush system for treatment
b) The portal is conceptualized and development by MoAyush as platform to support both Aayush ministry and the public
c) For login to this portal person must have acquire it Aadhar credentials
d) it will be available on public health platform
1)a&b 2)b&c 3)a,b,d 4)all
Ayush Clinical Case Repository Portal to be Launched
- Ayush Clinical Case Repository portal will be launched by Union Minister Kiren Rijiju on May 27, 2021.
- Along with the portal, third version of Ayush Sanjivani App will also be launched.
- Ayush Clinical Repository portal
- This portal will act as a platform providing support both to Ayush practitioners and general public.
- It will be launched with the aim to provide aggregate information regarding clinical outcomes achieved by Ayush practitioners on a large scale.
- It will also help to widen solid scientific base of all streams of Ayus
- Third Version of Ayush Sanjivani App
- This app will facilitate a significant study and documentation regarding the efficacy of selected Ayush interventions such as Ayush-64 and Kabasura Kudineer medicines in managing asymptomatic and mild to moderate patients of COVID-19.
- About Ayush Sanjivani App
- It was developed by Ministry of AYUSH and Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MEITY). It seeks to reach out to 50 lakh people in India. The app generate data on usage of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-rigpa and Homoeopathy) advocacies. It also measures the impact of AYUSH in prevention of Covid-19
Q.Recently recently many countries launched a program as citizenship by investment programme for golden card visa what is the meaning of this
a)it is to grant permanent residency to visa holders and their families
b) provide the residency to doctorate degree holder, medical doctors and biotechnology ingenious etc.
c) it is directed to wealthy foreign nationals who wants to acquire residency in certain country by investing a special amount of money for purchasing a property
d) in 2021 UAE start this facility
Options-1)a&b 2)b&c 3)a&d 4)all
‘Citizenship by Investment programme’
- Recently; Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda, Gaston Browne, asked neighbouring Dominica to handover India’s fugitive businessman Mehul Choksi to India directly.
- As per Prime Minister, Choksi was living in Antigua and Barbuda since 2018 after taking citizenship in 2017 under the ‘Citizenship by Investment Programme’.
- He will not be having same rights in Dominica as he was having in Antigua and Barbuda.
- What is Citizenship by Investment Programme?
- It is a program allowing individuals to get residence or citizenship of a country in return of making qualifying investments. These programs offer-
- Applicants of Program must fulfil multiple qualification criteria. Investment by them can be done in various forms including contribution to government funds, purchase of qualifying real estate, investment in qualifying business or creation of specific number of jobs.
- Which countries run this programme?
- As of now, five countries in Caribbean – Antigua & Barbuda, Grenada, Dominica, Saint Kitts and Nevis and Saint Lucia); Egypt; Cambodia, Malta; Jordan, Montenegro, Vanuatu and North Macedonia are running the citizenship by investment programme1.Citizenship by investment in which the person gets “golden passport” or “cash-for-passports”
2.Residence by investment in which person gets a “golden visa” or
3.Hybrid with immediate residence followed by accelerated citizenship.
Q. By the recent report of WM the global average temperature cold pass 1.5 degrees celsius during 2020-2025 what are the effects of increasing of temperature
1)frequency of extreme natural events like cyclone, flood ,drought will increase
2) Increase in tectonic activity hence large-scale of earthquake volcanoes will occur on earth
3) large part of land mass will undergo submergenc
4)increase the salinity of sea water
5)Options-a)1&2 b)1onlyc)1&3 only d)all of the above
Global Average Temperature could pass 1.5° C during 2021-25: WMO, UK Met Office
- According to the Annual Climate Update provided by the United Kingdom (UK) Met Office and World Meteorological Organization (WMO), there is a 40% possibility of the annual average global temperature temporarily reaching 1.5° C(2.7 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre industrial levels in one of the next 5 years (2021-25).
- Average temperatures are likely to be at least 1° C (estimated to be between 0.9° C and 1.8° C) warmer in each of the coming five years (2021-25).
- At least one year between 2021-2025 will become the warmest year on record, replacing 2016.
- The temperature rise is significant, because as per the Paris Agreement signed in 2015, global leaders had committed to limit global warming to 1.5° C and well below 2° C by the end of the century.
- Warmest Years on Record
I).2020 was one of the three warmest years on Record (1st-2016, 2nd – 2020 & 3rd 2019), the temperature in 2020 was 1.2° C above the pre-industrial times (1850-1900 baseline.)
- The past seven years (2015-21) have been the warmest ever recorded & the last decade (2010-20) was the warmest decade
- The report also states that the National commitments set by countries to cut Greenhouse gas emissions is not enough to fulfill the Paris agreement.
- Impacts of Global Temperature Rise-
- The temperature rise highlights the importance of cutting Greenhouse Gas Emissions and achieving carbon neutrality.
- Global warming is resulting in phenomena like rising sea levels, melting sea ice, and extreme weather events.
- Increasing temperatures will have a great impact on food security, health, environment and sustainable development.
- They will also bring more tropical cyclones in the Atlantic Ocean & more rain in high latitudes and the Sahel region of Central Africa
Q. Recently economist Amartya Sen won spain princess of Austria’s award 2021 there are some statement regarding this
1)it is awarded to send for his work in development in new economy of scale approach
2) this award give in the field of social science political science and economy only
3) Amarty sen is also the recipient of Nobel prize in economics in 2000
4) Amarty sen is Indian origin American citizen
5)Options-a)1&2 b)none C)all D)3only
Indian Economist Amartya Sen Won Spain’s Princess of Asturias Award 2021 for Social Science)
- Indian economist and Nobel Laureate, Amartya Kumar Sen, was conferred with “Princess of Asturias Award” in social sciences category which is Spain’s top prize. He was selected out of 41 candidates from 20 countries.
- Amartya Sen was selected for his best-known work- “Poverty and Famines
- About the Award
- Sen has been conferred which Spain’s highest prize in social science category for called “Princess of Asturias Award”. It comprises of a Joan Miro sculpture as a symbol, an insignia, a diploma, and a cash prize of 50,000 Euros. His candidature was forwarded by Director General of Casa Asia (Barcelona), Javier Parrondo.
- Sen’s views on Poverty and famines
- In this work, Sen has demonstrated, “hunger is not a result of lack of food, but is result of inequalities in its mechanisms of distribution.
- About Amartya Kumar Sen
- He is an Indian economist and philosopher. He has taught and worked in United Kingdom and United States since 1972. He has made contributions to welfare economics, economic and social justice, social choice theory, economic theories of famines, development economics, decision theory, public health etc. Currently, he is a professor in Thomas W. Lamont University and Professor of Economics & Philosophy at Harvard University.
- His achievement
- In 1998, he has been awarded with Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences and Bharat Ratna in 1999 in category of welfare economics. 2020 Peace Prize of the German Book Trade was conferred on him by German Publishers and Booksellers Association for his scholarship on ïssues of global justice and combating social inequality in education & healthcare”.
Q. Left democratic front government in Kerala launch the Smart kitchen scheme what are the feature of this scheme
1)Under the skin women of state will be given loan to refurbished their kitchen
2)Loan will be provided with low interest rate in installment scheme
3)Scheme seeks to reduce workload of women’s domestic labour
4)Only women are eligible for this scheme
Options- a)2,2,3 b)1&2 c)all d)1,2,4
Kerala’s new Smart Kitchen Scheme
- Chief Minister of Kerala, Pinarayi Vijayan, announced a secretary level committee will formulate guidelines and recommendations on implementation of “Smart Kitchen Scheme” in state to fulfil commitments of LDF
- About the scheme
- Smart Kitchen Scheme will be launched by July 10, 2021.
- Under the scheme, women of state will be given loan to refurbish their kitchen.
- Loan will be provided with a low-interest rate in instalment schemes.
- Scheme seeks to reduce workload of women’s domestic labour.
- Left Democratic Front (LDF)
- LDF is an alliance of left-wing political parties of Kerala which has again come power after winning elections in 2021. The party is in power since 2016. It is major political alliances in Kerala along with Congress-led UDF.
- LDF has been in power in State Legislature of Kerala under E. K. Nayanar, who is the longest serving Chief Minister of Kerala and has served for 11 years during 1980-1981, 1987-1991, 1996-2001.
- 2021 Assembly election
- LDF led by Pinarayi Vijayan returned to power in 2016 Assembly Election in which it won 91 out of 140 seats. This number again increased to 99 seats in 2021 Assembly Election.
- Pinarayi Vijayan has become the first Chief minister of Kerala who was re-elected after a full term five years in office in 2021 election. This election was historic because, incumbent government won again for first time in 40 years
Also Read: Daily Current Affairs Date-27th May 2021
RBI Annual Report-2021
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) published its annual report and highlights “asset quality of banks and their preparedness requires close monitoring for higher provisioning for upcoming quarters
- RBI in its semi-annual financial stability report earlier highlighted, bad loan ratio of banks could rise to 13.5% under baseline stress scenario by September 2021
- Key findings of report
- In its report, RBI cautioned “banks being lenders will have to provide true picture of bad loans after Supreme Court lifted interim stay on classifying non-performing assets (NPA) in March 2021.
- According to it, waiver of compound interest on all loan accounts opted for moratorium during March-August 2020 would put
- stress on financial health of banks.
- Gross NPA ratio of banks decreased from 8.2% in March 2020 to 6.8% in December 2020.
- Provision Coverage Ratio (PCR) of banks improved from 66.6% in March 2020 to 75.5 % by December 2020, because of prudent provisioning by banks above regulatory prescriptions on accounts availing moratorium and undergoing restructuring.
- Capital to risk-weighted assets ratio (CRAR) of banks increased to 15.9% by December 2020, in March it was 14.8%.
- Gross NPA ratio for non-banking financial institutions (NBFCs) increased from 6.8% in march to 5.7% in December 2020.
- Capital adequacy ratio of NBFCs increased from 24.8% in December 2020 from 23.7% in March.