Renewable energy is energy derived from natural sources that are replenished at a higher rate than they are consumed.
Sunlight and wind, for example, are such sources that are constantly being replenished. Renewable energy sources are plentiful and all around us
The link to join the course : Online Courses
- The presidency of 28 conference of party (cope 28) of the United Nation Framework convention on climate change (UNFCCC) to be held in Dubai (November 30 December 12) has called for agreement on a global target of tripling renewable energy capacity from current levels by 2030.
- In 2021 the Global installed capacity of renewable energy sources (RES) for electricity generation was 3026 Giga Watt (GW)or 39% of total capacity from all sources.
- In total electricity generation however the contribution by RES was only 28%.
- More than half of the RE generation was from hydro power while solar 13% when 23% accounted for about 36% of renewable energy generation that is 10% of generation from all the sources
- Tripling RE capacity by 2030 implies a target of about 9000GW which is more than the total install capacity from all the sources in 2021 adding about 6000 watt of RE capacity between 2022 and 2030 .
- Most of the capacity is expected to come from the solar and wind is the time for construction and operationalization of any hydro plant, will typically exceed the timeline of 2030 being considered.
- Electricity consumption between 2010 and 2019 in China and India give annually at 6.6% and 6.3% respectively.
- Currently only 20% 21% of electricity in the US and 37% of EU come from r e s including hydro and Biomass
- Developing countries at top 28 especially India should consider the tripling Global RE capacity target only if the north commits to absolute target domestically there are equitable and commensurate with their responsibility, in an update of their National determined contribution under the Paris agreement.
Best Online Coaching for Civil Service_IAS_ UPSC_IFS_IPS
#Global_Renewable_Energy_2030 #Renewable_Energy #Biofuel #sustainabledevelopment #G_20 #climate_conservation #net_zero_carbon #Ethanol #INTERNATIONAL_ENERGY_AGENCY #GHG #carbon_footprint #Moefcc #narendermodi #save_earth #Energy_Transitions_Commission #crop_surplus #green_energy #carbon_emission #UPSC_GSPaper3 #GS_Paper_3 #civilservicesstudy #ensembleiasacademy #geographyoptional #k_siddharthasir #strategicthinker #ias #civilservices #upsc_motivation #upsc_aspirants #upsc_exam #trendsingeography
Source: The Hindu