Consider the following statements about Kylinxia Zhangi, (Recently in News).
1- Kylinxia is related to the arthropods, whose bodies are divided into segments each bearing a pair of jointed limbs,
including crabs, lobsters, insects and spiders.
2- Kylinxia is distantly related to both crustaceans and insects.
3- The creature had a head with six segments, which is similar to modern insects.
How many of the above statements are correct?
- a) Only 1
- b) Only 2
- c) All of Above
- d) None
The link to join the course : Online Courses
About 520 million years ago Kylinxia zhangi an extinct arthropod that lived in the early Cambrian period, The fossil of the species was Found near the town of Chengjiang in the Yunan Province of southern China.Kylinxia is among the 250 or so extremely well-preserved fossil animals described from the region, which are together known as Cambrian Chengjiang biota.
Features of Kylinxia Zhangi:
- It had a segmented body with a head, thorax, and abdomen and had a fused head shield, a segmented trunk, and jointed legs.
- Kylinxia sported three eyes on its head, along with a pair of fearsome claws that was possibly used to catch prey.
- The creature had a head with six segments, which is similar to modern insects.
- Invertebrates with jointed legs.
- Make up about 75% of all animals on Earth and they can be found in almost every habitat on Earth, from deep-sea hydrothermal vents to the highest mountains.
- Arthropods are divided into four major groups:
- Myriapods (including centipedes and millipedes);
- Arachnids (including spiders, mites and scorpions);
- Crustaceans (including slaters, prawns and crabs).
Best Online Coaching for Civil Service_IAS_ UPSC_IFS_IPS
#sambar_deer #mcq #correct_answer #civilservicesstudy #ensembleiasacademy #geographyoptional #k_siddharthasir #strategicthinker #ias #civilservices #upsc_motivation #upsc_aspirants #upsc_exam #trendsingeography