Evolution of industries and distribution
- Industrial development in India during the Second and Third Plans. (85)
- Distributional pattern of industries in India does not provide requisite basis for division of the country into distinct industrial regions. Elaborate. (2013)
- Discuss the brief the industrial development in Plans
- Industrialisation as a process
Cotton textile industry
- Discuss the location of, and the modern trends in, the cotton textile industry of India. (84)
- Analyse the factors for the localization of either the cotton textile or the sugar industry in India and not the recent trends in the industry. (96)
- Describe the Problems of agro-based industries in India in general and cotton textiles in particular. (2014)
- Growth of textile industry as reflective of nationalistic feeling.
- Analyze the location, distributional pattern and problems of cotton textile industries in India. (In about 250 words) (2016)
- Describe the development of textile industry in India. (2012)
- Problems faced by the textile industry and its future in India.
Locational factors of Jute Industry
- Discuss the location, present situation and future prospects of the jute industry in India. (1986)
- Discuss the future of jute industry in India from the perspective of sustainability and its likely impact on Indian Economy.
Locational factors of Sugar Industry
- Explain the factors responsible for the distribution of Sugar Industries in India. (2009)
- Explain the factors responsible for the distribution of sugar industry in India.
Locational factors of Iron and Steel, industry
- Attempt a spatial analysis of the development of mineral based industries in relation to mineral resource potentialities and their exploitation in different states of India. (89)
- Examine critically the factors for the localization of iron and steel industry in India with special reference to the newer centres of steel production. (95)
- Discuss the growth, location and distribution of Iron and Steel Industry in India. (2000)
- Examine the role of raw materials in the location of the Iron and Steel Industry in India. Illustrate your answer with suitable examples. (2009)
- Discuss the recent trends in the localization of Iron and Steel industry.
- Examine the role of raw materials in the location of the iron & steel industry in India. Illustrate your answer with suitable examples.
- “The Bokaro Iron and Steel Plant is an example of Industrial Complex.” Explain. (2016)
- Mini steel plants can act as an instrument of decentralization of iron and steel industry in India. Explain (2017)
Locational factors of Aluminium industry
- Discuss the factors responsible for the location of aluminium industry in India. Give some suggestions for the solution of the present day problems faced by aluminium industry
Chemical fertiliser and pharmaceutical industry
- Assess the scope and development of Pharmaceutical Industry in India. (2011)
- Why does the pharmaceutical industry concentrate largely in the western region of the country? (In about 150 words) (2015)
- Discuss the Locational factors of fertiliser industry in India.
- The pharmaceutical industry in India depends on the import of raw materials. Evaluate this statement in view of the Indo-Chinese relationship. 2020
Locational factors of paper industry
- Discuss the organisational structure of paper industry, its location and the various trends in its location
- Explain the factors promoting the rapid growth and development of the automobile industry in India, giving suitable example. (2008)
- Describe the importance, growth localisation and problems of automobile industry
Cottage and agro-based industry
- Discuss the geographical bases for rural industrialisation for rural development. (86)
- Types of rural industries and their basis in the Rajasthan Gujarat region, (92)
- What are the desired possible changes in our trade policy to promote the development of cottage industry? (2014)
- Why is the traditional crafts industry in India on the decline? (2015)
Industrial house and complexes including and industrial regionalisation
- What is an industrial complex? Describe the growth, problems and prospects of any major industrial complex in India. (86)
- Demarcate the major industrial regions of India and analyse the structure and contribution to the national economy of any one of them.(88)
- Construct a spatial pattern of industrial development in our country. Identify the industrially back ward areas and assess their potentialities for future development. (90)
- Describe the growth, characteristics and distribution pattern of India’s industrial regions. (2001)
- Decentralization of industries for achieving regional balance in economic growth (89)
- Name the major industrial regions of India indicating the bases of their identification. Highlight their basic problems. (2017
Public Sector undertaking
- Role of public sector undertakings in Indian Economy.
New industrial policy
- Recent changes in India’s Basic industrial policy. (95)
- Trace the evolution of Industrial Policy in India and bring on its impact on industrial development of the country. (87)
- Explain the New Industrial Policies in India. (In about 200 words) (2016)
Multinationals and liberalisation
- Analyse the role of policy of liberalization on industrial landscape of India. (2002)
- Trace the evolution of industries in India and evaluate the role of multinationals and liberalisation policies in this context. (2006)
- Bring out the impact of multinationals and liberalization on the Industrial Economy/Pattern of India. (2007)
- Explain the role of multinationals in globalization of industries in India. (2013)
- Discuss the impact of liberalisation on the localisation of industry in India giving specific examples.
- Critically analyse the role of multinational corporations in India’s economic development with suitable examples
Special Economic Zones and industrial cluster
- Identify the main industrial clusters of India and account for their development. (2013)
- How viable is the development of SEZ in India in the perspective of increasing agricultural production to mitigate the growing population pressure. Discuss
- Assess the suitability of Special Economic Zones (SEZs) for the sustainable economic development in India
Tourism including eco-tourism
- Explain how eco-tourism activities could be important livelihood options in the Himalayan and North-Eastern regions of the country. (2014)
- India has a vast potential of tourism development. It is only through ecotourism there can be economic and ecological gain. Analyse.
- Identify the main hurdles in tourism development in India; and suggest measures for enhancing India’s competitiveness as a tourist destination.
- Identify the environmental impact of tourism in India and frame a roadmap for a sustainable ecotourism plan.
- How may tourism in hilly areas of India be developed as an important source of economy? (2017)
- Give a critical account of region specific constraints of sustainable tourisms in India.
- Explain the relevance of green tourism for sustainable development of mountain environment in India
Startups may play important role in giving fillip to economic growth in India. Illustrate with examples.
NEW AGE QUESTIONS COMPATIBLE WITH THE CHANGING PATTERN FOR 2018
Mixed Interrelated and interdisciplinary nature Questions
- Discuss the trends in the localization of Iron and Steel industry.
- Analyse the Role of coal in industrial growth of Hooghly Region.
- Geography determines the skill endowment and resource base for rural industries in India. Analyse
- How is growth of textile industry reflective of nationalistic feeling.
- Discuss the Problems of woollen textile industry in India.
- Analyse the significance of drugs & pharmaceutical Industry. Why and in what manner they need to be strengthen.
- Paint a picture of the Future of Jute Industry in the light of stiff competition it faces.
- Account for the Development of food processing industry.
- Industrialisation is a process not an event. Explain this phenomena taking examples from India.
- Identify the main hurdles in tourism development in India and suggest measure for enhancing India’s competitiveness as a tourist destination.
- Discuss the socio cultural impact of rural ecotourism.
- Discuss the recent trends in the localization of Iron and Steel industry.
- The Mini Steel Plants have a potential of forge an industrial unit into industrial complex and region.
- Explain the significance of sugar industry in inviting industrial agglomeration.
- Discuss the geographical bases for rural industrialisation for rural development.
- What role do start-ups have in determing footloose industry location in India and how will they impact the spatial make up of India.
- India should move towards spatial specialisation rather than thinking of balanced regional development. Support your answer with arguments.
- Give reason for skewed level of industrial growth and development as an element of industrialisation with particular reference to emergence of South Indian industrial corridors.
- Distinguish between pre 2014 form of industrial growth and post 2015 form of growth.
- What are the reasons that makes Indian economy resilient. Provide a critique of Governments policy to transform Indian economy.
- Give a comprehensive description of the factors that have led to evolution of rural industries in Rajasthan/Kerala/Assam.
- Give a account of Copper smelting industry in India its status and problems.
- India was industrialised much more than the western countries can imagine has with a 25% share in world trade except for the fact that it was not in the western mould. Analyse the industrial history of India.
- Industrial growth can take place in India, only when the forward and backward linkages are well developed. Critically analyse.
- Discuss the components of textile industry and analyse how apparel and fashion industry can lead to the resurgence of the textile industry by forging forward linkages.