1. Name any three block mountains in USA Wasatch range, Sierra Nevada and Basin range.
2. Name any three conifer trees of Canada Doughlas fir, Spruce and Hemlock.
3. Praire Plain distributed in Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba of Canada.
4. Birmingham of Canada Hamilton
5. Highest peak of North America Mount Mckinley
6. Great Bear Lake was formed due to Glacial scourings
7. The Trans Canadian Highway connects St. John’s and Victoria.
8. French speaking people dominated in Quebec Province of Canada
9. 49th Parallel separates Canada and USA
10. Most important lava plateau in USA Columbia- Snake Plateau.
11. Largest freshwater Lake in the world Lake Superior.
12. Soo Canal located between Lake Superior and Lake Huron.
13. Washington D.C located at the river bank Potomac.
14. Salinest lake of North America Great Salt Lake
15. Louisiana state of USA important for oil and natural gas mineral
16. Sept Isles and Schefferville important for iron ore mineral
17. Climax mine of Colorado famous for molybdenum.
18. Haida, Bella and Coola are tribal groups of Pacific coast of Canada.
19. Country having longest coast line in the world Canada
20. Largest populated city of Canada Toronto
21. Grand canyon located in Colorado river and Arizona State of USA
22. Californian cold current, Off shore trade winds and rain shadow effect of Sierra Nevada are the important causes for the formation of Mohave, Sonoran and Californian deserts.
23. Connecticut valley is Cigar tobacco growing region. in USA.
24. Wisconsin and Michigan States are important Dairy belt of USA.
25. Name any three advantages, which helped in the industrial development of North America most varied relief and climate, rich reserves of mineral and large influx of skilled and unskilled labourforce.
26. Most densely populated and most urbanised region of USA New England States.
27. Automotive capital of USA is Detroit.
28. Largest populated State of USA California.
29. Headquarter of Canadian National Railway and Canadian Pacific Railway is Montreal.
30. Mineral resources obtained from Edmonton region of Prairies are oil and natural gas, coal and potash. 31. Name three most important natural advantages for the industrial development of New England region Large labourforce, Large market, Water Power development and coal availability.
32. Largest tyre making centre of USA Akron
33. Largest populated city of USA New York.
34. Largest wheat exporting port of Canada Quebec.
35. World best known Old Faithful Geyser located in Yellow stone National Park of Wyoming state. 36. City of sky Scrapers is New York.
37. Name any three factors which are responsible for the renewed interest of cotton crop in USA after 1970s widespread mechanization, west ward spread of the crop, and a growing export sale.
38. The most important reason for the westward shift in cotton growing region of USA is to prevent the crop from Bollweevil pest attack.
39. The great advantage of south USA in the development of cotton textile industry is the availability of large number of cheap labour.
1. Name any three important factors favourable for the industrial development of Moscow, central location, centre of soviet rail and air networks, hydel electricity from Volga and well developed canal transportation.
2. Name any three important advantages of Leningrad region in the development of industries: Strategic location, Hydel electricity and skilled labour force.
3. Coal deposits of Siberia Minusinsk, Achinsk and Tungus.
4. Many of the potential areas of H.E.P. in Russia have been ignored because of an inadequate market due to the presence of small number of population and HEP production is relatively expensive.
5. Name the water bodies which are connected with Moscow are Baltic Sea, Lake Ladoga, Artic ocean, Black sea and Caspian Sea.
6. Detroit of Russia Gorki.
7. Give the reasons for industrial development in the middle Volga Region. Petroleum from Volga-Ural fields, hydel power from Volgograd and Kubyshev and developed well developed canal transportation.
8. The three important industries of Urals Region are Magnitogorsk (iron and ore), Nizni Tagil (rail wagon), Sverdlovsk (copper smelting).
9. The most important industrial region east of Urals is the Kuznetsk region. The advantages for its development are availability of oil deposits, hydroelectric power, and its location on Trans-Siberian Railway.
10. The inland waterways are not much developed in Russia because of slow flow of water, freezing in winter and limited freight transport.
11. The cities situated in extremely remote areas beyond the Arctic circle are Murmansk, and Norilsk. 12. City located on the remotest coast of the sea of Okhotsk is Magaden.
13. Name the shipbuilding centers of Russia St. Petersburg and Vladivostak.
14. Name any three tribal groups in Russia Tungus, Somayads and Chuckchis.
15. Important wheat growing areas of Russia Don Basin, Volga region and Virgin lands of Siberia. 16. Significant agricultural crops in European Russia wheat, potatoes and Sugarbeets.
17. Important problem faced by fishing in Russia is long periods of freezing in coastal waters.
18. Name two most important reasons for thin undergrowth of Taiga vegetation in Russia are heath plants produces acidic soils and frozen state of ground.
19. Name two special characteristics in native animals to adopt in the natural environment of Russia are white colour skin (reduces radiation) and animals develop heavy pelt (to conserve heat).
20. Agriculture is not an important occupation in Taiga region of Russia due to intense cold for greater part of the year, short growing season and low fertility of soil.
21. Give any three important characteristic of coniferous forest in Russia evergreen and pure stands, needle-shaped leaves, shallow root, slow growth rate.
22. The nonecumene areas of Russia are Siberia Tundra and Taiga region north of 60th parallel and beyond 120°E/
23. Baikal Lake in Southern Siberia has an elongated shape and great depth is an example of a classic tectonic lake.
24. The main wheat growing areas does not include areas around Lake Baikal.
25. The main drawback of the West Siberia gas field is that it lies in Permafrost region.
26. The location of various seas in the northern part of Russia from west to east are Barents Sea, Kara Sea, Laptev Sea.
27. The southern boundary of Russia touches the boundaries of countries like Georgia, Kazakshtan, Mongolia and China.
28. The three great Siberia rivers of Russia are ob, Yenisy and Lena.
1. The principal problems faced by Australian agriculture are scarcity of water in the interior part, irregular rainfall and soil erosion.
2. The cattle raising in the Australian savanna region is more successful than in many tropical areas because careful management, the use of irrigated fields for fattening and preventive measures against disease.
3. Trans-Australian Railway connects Kalgoorlie and Port Pirie.
4. Name any three most important meat shipping ports of Australia. Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide.
5. Principal trading partners of Australia Japan, USA and Great Britain.
6. Tasmania is known as garden state of Australia because it supplies fruits, vegetables and flowers to all major cities of Australia.
7. Name three important Hydel power scheme is Australia snowy river scheme, Tully Falls and Shannon. 8. Name any three incontiguous territories of Australia Norflok Island, Coral Sea Island and Cocos Keeling Island.
9. Name any three characteristic features of grain cultivation in Australian Downs very large Farm, Mechanized cultivation and Monoculture of wheat.
10. The most important problems faced by sugarcane cultivation in Australia inadequate mechanization and High labour costs.
11. Central Lowlands of Australia contains two large basins named Murray Darling Basin and the Great Artesian Basin.
12. Jarrah and Karri are types of evergreen oak Plant species, predominantly found in Swan land of the Southwest of Australia.
13. Most important reasons for the formation of deserts in Australia are rainshadow effect given by great dividing range and desiccating effect of the West Australian cold current.
14. Name any two important tribal groups in Australia Aruntas and Bindibu or Aborigines.
15. Southerly buster and Brick fielder are important local winds in Australia.
16. Kalgoorlie and Coolgardie became towns of considerable size because of gold rush.
17. Name the most important icons of Australia Ayers rock, Great Barrier reef and Opera House (Sydney). 18. Union territories of Australia Canberra and Tasmania. 19. Important economic activity of Western slopes of Great Dividing range in New South Wales in Sheep farming. 20. The principal cash crop in Western Australia cotton. 21. The most important economic activity in coastal Queensland Beef Cattle.
22. Queensland and New South Wales states of Australia important for Sugarcane.
23. Viticulture predominant activity of Victoria and South Australia states of Australia.
24. The Savanna region of Australia dominates with Eucalyptus, baobab and acacia treas.
25. Three most important characteristics of Australian downs continentally, extremes of temperatures and high annual precipitation.
26. The xerophytic vegetation of Australia adapted to low moisture, high salinity and low humus condition. 27. Most important coal producing regions of Australia is Great Artesian Basin.
28. Mediterranean climate in Australia favoured the economic activity of intensive agriculture and sheep rearing.
29. The arid interior, plateau region of West Australia is referred to as Australian outback and it includes steppe and desert climatic regions.
30. Three most important significances of the Great Barrier reef are the longest coral reef in the world, place of the rich biodiversity of coral species and act as a shield for coastal erosion.
31. Australia’s largest cattle producing state is Queensland, mainly developed for export of Meat and Milk product. 32. In winter the winds as North west Monsoon are attracted to the low pressure center in Australia and they bring rain.
33. Eastern coastal plains of New South Wales rise into a series of plateau known as the table land.
34. Kimberley plateau is the source of some of Australia’s riches mineral deposits including diamonds.
35. The large saltpans of Simpson Desert are created by the evaporation of past rivers and now sourced by seasonal rains.
36. The Southwestern part of Australia is resting on uniform shield (600 million years old), one of the earths original geological plates.
37. Tasmania has the same geological structure as the Australian Alps, which was once joined to the mainland.
38. The great Artesian Basin underlies nearly 20% of the total areas of Australia and it provides a valuable store of underground water, essential to Australian Agriculture.
39. The Great Dividing Range forms a watershed between Australia’s east and west flowing rivers.
40. In Australia Cattle ranching is most important in the west, fruit and wheat cultivation in the South.
41. The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest area of coral reefs and islands and it runs for 2000 km along the Queensland coast.
1. Cocoa producing countries of Africa are Ghana, Nigeria and Ivory Coast.
2. Dinka, Nuer and Shiuluk are tribal groups of South Sudan.
3. Griqualand and Transvaal are iron ore producing areas of South Africa.
4. Port Harcourt and Lagos are important ports of Nigeria.
5. Name the African countries having border with Red Sea Egypt, Sudan, Eritrea and Djbouti.
6. Limpopo river separates S. Africa from Zimbabwe and Botswana.
7. Dahra, Beda and Zelten are oil producing regions of Libya.
8. L. Nyasa, L. Tanganiyika and L. Albert are located on East African rift valley.
9. Three dams located across river Nile Owen Dam, Sennar Dam and Aswan Dam.
10. Name all the countries through which tropic of Capricorn passes Namibia, Botswana, S. Africa, Mozambique and Madagascar.
11. Countries bordering Lake Victoria are Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
12. Countries which are known as Magreb countries or Berberic states are Morrocco, Algeria and Tunisia. 13. 75% of African countries are sparsely populated, the remaining 25% is densely populated pockets of Africa includes Nile Valley, coastal North and West Africa, along the rivers Niger, the Eastern African high lands, and in South Africa.
14. The Rossing uranium mines in Namibia are the largest in the world.
15. Namib desert located along the coast of Namibia, is one of the driest deserts in the world. The drier condition of such desert is due to the desiccating effect of Benguela cold current.
16. Coastal Namibia, Angola and South Africa serve as a breeding ground for variety of marine life. This is due to the fact that nutrient-rich water is brought by Benguela cold current.
17. The northern part of Mozambic is relatively wetter than the southern part. This is due to the fact that the northern part is closer to the equator and comes under the influence of tradewinds.
18. Even though Malavi is a tropical country, the country has fairly pleasant climate for European settlers. This is due to higher altitude of the land.
19. Inspite of great efforts to develop the economy of Malawi after its independence, the country has not achieved a high level of industrialization. This is because it is poor in mineral resources, and relies mostly on agriculture.
20. Although percapita incomes of Mauritius are fairly high, from African standards, the level of socio-economic development is not very high when viewed in comparison of the developed nations. There are three geographical factors which restrict the level of social and economic development. They are the small size of the country, poor natural resources and its extreme isolation.
21. Creoles, who are of mixed African, European and Indian origin, are living in Mauritius.