There can be no social justice without economic prosperity but economic prosperity without social justice is meaningless.
Meaning of Economic Prosperity
Components of Economic Prosperity Economic Prosperity
- Enlargement of Choice
Why to keep anyone unhappy
Meaning of Social Justice
“Social justice is the view that everyone deserves equal economic, political and social rights and opportunities. “Social justice encompasses economic justice.
Social justice is the relation of balance between individuals and society measured by comparing distribution of wealth differences, from personal liberties to fair privilege opportunities. It is often referred to as the process of ensuring that individuals fulfill their societal roles and receive what was their due from society.
Social justice is fairness as it manifests in society. That includes fairness in healthcare, employment, housing, and more. Discrimination and social justice are not compatible. While “social justice” as a term sees widespread use these days, it’s not new.
Social justice assigns rights and duties in the institutions of society, which enables people to receive the basic benefits and burdens of cooperation. The relevant institutions often include taxation, social insurance, public health, public school, public services, labor law and regulation of markets, opportunity encashment, undescriminated administration, flexibility of institutions and growth, career transitioning choices and an increasing ability to adjust to newly emerging Gig economy along with a will and an ability to ensure fair distribution of wealth, and equal opportunity.
Social justice also refers to an individual’s ability to reform an existing system, ability to bring the society back from disorder, and being a participant along with other policy makers in shaping the future of the country that he envisions, and that there is no obstructing to it.
Social justice is the ability to carve a niche for one’s identify based on one’s ability, talent and will.
Social justice also doesn’t stipulate giving money to people of the society, and make them cash rich, rather it is to empower them to use this money. And more importantly it is about creating opportunities for all the people of the society so that they can utilize their talent and human resource to build an identity.
Social justice encompasses economic justice. Social justice is the virtue which guides us in creating those organized human interactions we call institutions. In turn, social institutions, when justly organized, provide us with access to what is good for the person, both individually and in our associations with others. Social justice also imposes on each of us a personal responsibility to work with others to design and continually perfect our institutions as tools for personal and social development.”
Social Justice is justice oriented not subject to scrutiny, not open to question/s.
Social justice at the same time is :
- Equality not sameness
- Equality of opportunity, e.g., Not being able to realize potential for want of finance and investment.
- Absence of monopolism, duopolies.
Purpose of Economic Prosperity
Economic prosperity is conceptualized it in very narrow terms. Prosperity is considered synonymous to money. Having money is no doubt a critical aspect of prosperity, but it is just that—one aspect.
if its only oriented towards making more money, if its only for increasing the GDP its worthless as every crime that takes place increases the GDP, all pollutants and its subsequent management increases the GDP, all health problems created increases the GDP but all affect the people and the masses in a very negative manner, and who are all the people who get affected-it’s those who are at the receiving end of economic prosperity. That means if it’s completely capitalistic, it’s no prosperity
Economic Prosperity is essential for serving people, aiding people, improving their lives, by cleansing the systems, reforming situations, finding solutions. Only when such a prosperity exists, social justice is also ensured. Without an ability to serve people, without an ability and willingness to improve the lives and make their thinking progressively better and better, economic prosperity has no meaning at all.
If Economic prosperity gets confined to few hands, If economic prosperity exists only for the sake of some individuals, it’s no prosperity, if economic prosperity gets confined to few houses, few families, few influences, few class or categories of people, it’s no social justice.
The dangers related to economic prosperity is that it is taken advantage of it is made misuse of possibly by some people who are able to wield influence, able to have a policy intervention.
Thus, if economic prosperity exists but exists without social justice then it will be worthless, it will be meaningless
Why economic prosperity without social justice is meaningless
It is not economic prosperity, rather the confinement of wealth in the hands of few people. A wide disparity will ensue Disparities will mean that prosperity can be sustained.
What is the purpose of prosperity if people are not served, if the prosperity doesn’t permeate to the people, if prosperity doesn’t make the lives better, living conditions better.
There are other aspects of prosperity which without social justice cannot work, and these include
- robust job market where employment is available and opportunities for advancement abound, This can be best provided by building community training and allowing people to work for as social capital if financial capital is not available.
- an employment environment where upward mobility is based on hard work and on the acquisition of formal and informal education and training, This will require a competitive and motivating environment
- a society where invention is encouraged. In a prosperous economy, individuals are able to innovate, creating new and better products, services, and ways of doing things. This requires an aspirational milieu, where identity of the citizens are respected and cared
- Without social justice, we cannot bring the best from the people, as we cannot create motivating environment for them, an aspirational milieu for them.
- Economic prosperity must not forget that people always work for themselves for their identity for their aspirations for getting the best of themselves, prosperity must aim at providing these best to the people.
- A prosperous society also extends far beyond the working world. It includes an aspirational education system where children are taught not only the basics and critical thinking, but given the tools and confidence to aspire and dream.
- Without social justice, we cannot manage talent and aspirations of the people, we cannot manage creative pursuits that cause are instrumental in bringing true prosperity.
- It includes a health care system that responds to the needs of the sick but also acts to prevent illness so as to achieve a healthy and productive society. This will require helping each other in an environment where people treated each other as equal
- It includes a clean and sustainable environment, which can never be an individual effort and will require an equal feeling for the environment, an equal concern
- It includes and encourages empathy by its citizens to care for the less fortunate and those in need using the most effective means available. This will definitely require a caring attitudeand an attitude where everyone considers others as equal and human beings.
- In short, our view of a prosperous society is one that affords opportunities to everyone for personal and professional fulfilment, and this cannot take place without people’s participation, without the feelings of people directed towards their environment, their society their country and this can happen only by taking them all together taking them all in same spirit, Any feeling that some are left out of the scope of economic growth and its opportunity will destroy the notion of social justice.
Without social justice, we cannot ensure all round development
Prosperity is not to be kept in lockers, not to be showcased, not to be flaunted, and even if it is to be flaunted it has to be by making the people prosperous.
Social Justice distributed over people, in their satisfaction, in their contribution in their happiness happens to be the best indicator.
For more details :
Best Online Coaching for Civil Service_IAS_ UPSC_IFS_IPS, Free Study Material
ENSEMBLE IAS ACADEMY Call +91 98115 06926
Visit us:- https://ensembleias.com/
Online Store: https://online.ensemble.net.in/
Email: [email protected]
#social justice #social_inequality #essay #essay_paper #ensembleiasacademy #geographyoptional #k_siddharthasir #ias #civilservices #upsc_motivation #upsc_aspirants #upsc_exam