Blood Pressure is made up of two numbers:
a) systolic b) diastolic.
- Systolic pressure is the pressure whenthe ventricles pump blood out of the heart.
- Diastolic pressure is the pressure between heartbeats when the heart is filling with blood.
According to medical standards, the reading on a doctor’s BP monitor going above 140/90 accounts for Hypertension .
- High blood pressure can damage your health in many ways. It can adversely affect important organs like your heart, brain, kidneys, and eyes.
The link to join the course : Online Courses
- Normal blood pressure. Blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg or lower.
- Elevated blood pressure. The top number ranges from 120 to 129 mm Hg and the bottom number is below, not above, 80 mm Hg.
- Stage 1 hypertension. The top number ranges from 130 to 139 mm Hg or the bottom number is between 80 and 89 mm Hg.
- Stage 2 hypertension. The top number is 140 mm Hg or higher or the bottom number is 90 mm Hg or higher.
- The WHO report reveals that hypertension affects one in three adults worldwide.
- The number of people living with hypertension has doubled from 650 million in 1990 to a staggering 1.3 billion in 2019, with nearly half of these unaware of their condition.
- According to the WHO report, nearly four out of five people with hypertension are inadequately treated .If we scaling up coverage could avert 76 million deaths between 2023 and 2050.
- The report reveals a doubling of hypertension cases from 1990 to 2019, with over three quarters of affected adults in low and middle income countries.“
- The research papers emphasize that a significant portion of hypertensive individuals in India remain undiagnosed.
- Lack of awareness about the condition and limited access to healthcare services are critical factors.
- The Cures study showed especially among those aged 15 to 49 the number of People with high blood pressure in India increased. from 20.4% to 22.8%,
- Poor lifestyle choices, such as a high salt diet, lack of physical activity, and excessive alcohol consumption, increase hypertension risk.
Best Online Coaching for Civil Service_IAS_ UPSC_IFS_IPS
#HYPERTESNION #BLOOD_PRESSURE #who #HEALTH #DISEASE #lifestyle #medicine_sector #science_tech #current_affair #upsc_GS_paper #GSPaper3 #mcq #correct_answer #civilservicesstudy #ensembleiasacademy #geographyoptional #k_siddharthasir #strategicthinker #ias #civilservices #upsc_motivation #upsc_aspirants #upsc_exam #trendsingeography
Source: The Hindu