Jammu and Kashmir
Zoji La; located on National Highway 1 between Srinagar and Leh.
- It separates Kashmir Valley to its west from Dras Valley to its northeast.
- It is an important gateway to the Nubra and Shyok Valley. It is located in the Ladakh region.
- It is a mountain pass across the Pir Panjal Range. This connects the Kashmir Valley to the outer Himalaya.
Shipki La pass
- It is in Himachal Pradesh. The road from Shimla to Tibet goes through this pass. The Satluj River flows through this pass.
- It is also in Himachal Pradesh. It links Mandi and Leh by road.
- It is also in Himachal Pradesh. It cuts through the Pir Panjal range. It links Manali and Leh by road.
- This pass joins Uttarakhand with Tibet.
Mana Pass: Uttarakhand-Tibet
- It is located in the Greater Himalayas and connects Tibet with Uttarakhand.
- It is a Himalayan pass on the border between Uttarakhand, India and Tibet, China.
Nathu La Pass
- It is in Sikkim. It gives way to Tibet from Darjeeling and Chumbi valley.
Jalep La Pass
• It is also in Sikkim and gives way to Bhutan. The Tista River has created this pass.
Bomdi-La: Arunachal Pradesh-Lhasa
- The Bomdi-La pass connects Arunachal Pradesh with Lhasa, the capital city of Tibet.
Dihang pass: Arunachal Pradesh- Mandalay
- This pass connect Arunachal Pradesh with Myanmar (Mandalay).
Diphu pass: Arunachal Pradesh- Mandalay
- The Diphu pass also provides easy and an alternate route to Myanmar.
- It links Nasik to Mumbai.
- It links Mumbai to Pune.
- It connects Kerala to Tamil Nadu (link Kochi to Chennai).
- It is located between the Nagercoil and the Cardmom hills links Thiruvanathpuram and Madurai.