World Television Day
In 1996, the United Nations general assembly declared November 21 as the World Television Day.
Television is not only the medium of communication that provides entertainment, education, news, politics, gossip, etc. but it bonds the world together. Television is considered as a major tool in informing, channeling, and affecting public opinion, having an undoubtable presence and influence on world politics. Through TV we can see live pictures, videos of what is going on in the world. It is through TV that our decision making, knowledge of international issues and our perception of what is right and wrong is created in our mind.
UN leaders recognized that television could bring attention to conflicts, raise awareness of threats to peace and security, and sharpen focus on social and economic issues.
In the family TV also serves as a means of people spending time with their families, eating together, and watching their favorite movies or TV shows together. Television occupies a central place in homes today for family bonding and entertainment.
Therefore, the United Nations General Assembly wanted to raise awareness of the impact and benefits of television. People can see the whole world and the world around them from their homes.
The link to join the course : Online Courses
History of Television
TV was invented in 1924 by Scottish engineer John Logie Baird invented television. Marking a major breakthrough in the world of technology. This invention completely changed people’s lives.
World Television Day: Significance
- TV caters to entertainment of all age groups from children to elderly people.
- The news, knowledge and information are brought to each home from all the corners of the world.
- Since its inception to this modern era, TV has gone through many innovations and brought about many technological changes to bring relevant information to the people.
- It is a very important platform to represent a country, society and the people.
- It brings new ideas and insights to the world to innovate and improve the lifestyle, way of leading a better life.
- It is a means to bring the world together. For example, the whole world was watching the world cup match together.
Best Online Coaching for Civil Service_IAS_ UPSC_IFS_IPS
Free Study Material ENSEMBLE IAS ACADEMY | Call +91 98115 06926
#world_television_day #television #tv #tv_shows #civil_services_study #ensemble_ias_academy #geography_optional #k_siddharthasir #ias #upsc_exam #civilservices #upsc_motivation #upsc_aspirants #trendsingeography