Why in news?
To buy our online courses: Click Here
- On the occasion of 1OOth anniversary of Chinese Communist Party in 2021, China is promoting ‘red tourism’, which means it is encouraging people to visit places that have historical and cultural importance for communist party.
- Red Tourism is generating huge revenues, which in turn boosting China’s economic boom amid covid-19 pandemic. It reminds people regarding sacrifices of leaders of communist party to establish Modern China.
What is Red Tourism?
- Red Tourism has been coined by China which refers to “visiting sites which have modern revolutionary legacy”.
- It was Launched in 2004 with the objective of promoting locations with historical and cultural significance for history of Communist Party
- It seeks to spread awareness regarding history of communist party starting with its origins.
- It includes colorful events which promotes visitors to put on revolutionary attire when they visit former residences of Communist leaders and exhibition halls etc.
Also Read: Blow Away Galaxies